Helderberg photographers collaborate with Strong Schools
In October 2019 we made a call on photographers in the Helderberg Basin to set the example of what ‘community collaborative’ means. We asked who would be willing to create a photographic profile of the schools involved in our schools development programme thus far. We were overwhelmed by the positive response. These super talented and professional people helped us to document the reality of our community’s schools – to see their pride as well as the areas where they could use some assistance. Eleven of the thirteen shoots were all completed in less than a month and we are so grateful for these photographers, with their amazing hearts, who put up their hands to be part of the foundations of something special. All the photos on the website are from this collaborative effort and we will be using these images in our future printed and online communications and hopefully in an exhibition too!
Here are Strong Schools’ photographer friends:
- Markus Gericke from Boland Weddings (Silukhanyo Primary)
- Sulet Fourie (Somerset West Methodist Primary)
- Elri du Plessis (Dr GJ Joubert Primary)
- Jan van Zyl (Christmas Tinto Primary)
- Christine Meintjes (Nomzamo High)
- Abri Kruger (Simanyene High)
- Nikki Meyer (Temperance Town Primary)
- Loriane Grobbelaar (Sir Lowry’s Primary)
- Cheryl McEwan (ACJ Phakade Primary)
- Helette du Toit (Gordon High)
- Dean Brummer from Consuming Fire Films (Strand Secondary)
Thank you so much for helping to plant the seeds of the Strong Schools Community Collaborative!